Territory Sales Representative – Northeast
DBC Ag Products, a division of the Daniel Baum Company, is a small, family-oriented company headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. With over 30 years of serving the feed and animal health industry across the U.S., DBC Ag Products delivers innovative all-natural solutions for health and performance. Our unique, proprietary formulas focus on the optimal combination of new and proven technologies that support digestive health, assist the immune system and help support the overall health of animals, both production and companion.
We are looking for a Territory Sales Representative with the skills, ambition, drive and commitment to help us meet our future goals. The Territory Sales Representative will be an integral part of our team, exhibit a high level of professionalism consistent with our culture at all times and accelerate our sales growth.
This position is responsible for selling DBC Ag Products brands to achieve territory objectives for sales revenues and profitability. The role includes implementing sales/marketing plans, building strong, long-term customer relationships, creating demand with dairy, beef, sheep, goat, poultry, horse and pet customers along with driving new business development within the assigned territory. In addition, this position will also have responsibility for growing our newly acquired line of KAUFFMAN’S® Premium Equine products and Fortitude® Canine branded products.
Reports to: Director, Sales & Marketing – DBC Ag Products
Geography: PA, NY, VA, MD, DE, NJ, MA, CT, RI, ME, NH, VT and WV
Duties and Responsibilities
• Represent and sell assigned brands by implementing sales/marketing pull-through programs in order to create demand within the assigned territory for key distributors.
• Establish long-term relationships with key distributor sales reps, retail dealers and large producers.
• Create demand with key distribution partners in order to exceed sales and profit growth objectives.
• Educate and train key customer representatives, influencers and producers.
• Create product demand through the entire trade channel to drive customer sales growth via producer meetings, field rides, turnover orders, retail store contacts and on-farm calls.
• Develop an annual sales plan for assigned territory, assess progress towards objectives and ensure necessary updates/reports are complete and submitted on time.
• Engage key opinion leaders (KOL) and influencing decision makers, including nutritionists and veterinarians, to increase their understanding of the assigned brands value to their customers.
• Actively gather competitive information, market trends and activities for submission to sales management.
• Maintain industry contacts and attend conferences/meetings that support territory sales plan.
• Actively prospect for new business and follow up on customer leads in a timely fashion.
• Expected to conduct sales activities during normal business hours and occasionally after hours and on weekends.
• On occasion, Territory Sales Representative will be asked to support activities (such as national conferences/meetings in other territories) and/or fill in for other territories as needed.
• B.S. or higher in Animal Science or related field
• > 5 years’ experience in field sales with proven ability to negotiate and close sales
• Strong animal health and nutrition experience preferred. Key markets: Dairy, Beef, Sheep, Goat, Equine, Companion Animal & Poultry
• Ability to drive selling process with distributors, veterinarians, retail dealers and at end-user level
• Excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication
• Proven track record in building highly satisfied, long term customer relationships
• Self-motivated, proactive and with a positive can-do attitude
• Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel overnight at least 50% of the time
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk, reach with hands and arms; enter and exit vehicle, and enter and move about customer facilities, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees must request assistance and use appropriate equipment when necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving equipment, outside weather conditions, enters and exits vehicle, and enters and moves about customer facilities. The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud at times.
DBC Ag Products Offers:
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience), bonus and commission
- Competitive benefits package
- Company car (or mileage reimbursement)
- Travel expenses, laptop computer and cell phone
DBC Ag Products offers a professional and rewarding work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified candidates on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap or veteran status.